Hello YAYA Hiker Wanna Bees!!
Many of you have been awaiting the next workshop; this workshop is your entry ticket into the fabulous world of hiking with our group. Read on!
The first Hiking 101 class in 3 years will be held in conjunction with GSWW Event: Northern Lights, Sat. Nov 19. Hiking is in the AM session of 10-12:30. REGISTER thru GSWW. This class will also include a high flyover of backpacking information and gear.
Who Can Take Hiking 101
- Any Girl Scout in 6-12th Grade *Then scouts are qualified to join the YAYA Hikers on day hikes.
- Day Hiking 101 workshops are open to individual scouts, it doesn’t need to be a whole troop activity.
- Any adult: all leaders and parents to learn more outdoor skills & tips for their troop and family outings. **This does not give them a spot on the YAYA hikes as those spaces are for the teenage Girl Scouts as a priority**.
Day Hiking 101 covers the basic ‘what’s’ of day hiking
- What to Wear
- Clothing & Footwear
- What to Bring
- The Ten Essentials and other stuff that is helpful
- What to Eat………..other than chocolate and gummy bears
**Day Hiking 101: When & Where**
None scheduled as of 3/23/2020.
To BE ON THE LIST for FUTURE WORKSHOP DATES: send EMAIL to: firstname.lastname@example.org WITH THIS INFO:
” YES, invite me to next workshop: Name, Scout grade, town you live in.””
Hiking Schedule: We hike January thru November, 11 months a year. Backpack trips are added from March-October.
We hike from Bellingham to Olympia, to Yakima and the Pacific Beaches. We have also completed four’ 50 Miler Backpack trips’, and plan on another in 2020.
Workshops are taught by Girl Scout volunteer, Ellen Govan (Lynnwood) and Angelina Monary (Marysville): of SU 245, Lynnwood.
Get Outside and Play!!