Hello YAYA Hiker Wanna Bees!!
Many of you have been awaiting the next workshop; this workshop is your entry ticket into the fabulous world of hiking with our group. Read on!
Who Can Take Hiking 101
- Any Girl Scout in 6-12th Grade *Then scouts are qualified to join the YAYA Hikers on day hikes.
- Day Hiking 101 workshops are open to individual scouts, it doesn’t need to be a whole troop activity.
- Any adult: all leaders and parents to learn more outdoor skills & tips for their troop and family outings. **This does not give them a spot on the YAYA hikes as those spaces are for the teenage Girl Scouts**.
Day Hiking 101 covers the basic ‘what’s’ of day hiking
- What to Wear
- Clothing & Footwear
- What to Bring
- The Ten Essentials and other stuff that is helpful
- What to Eat………..other than chocolate and gummy bears
The next workshop dates are:
Nov. 18, 2017,: Time: 9-12: . Cost: $20.00: this is for TWO workshops, Choose Hiking in the Morning and select another for the afternoon.
GSWW Event: Northern Lites in Mt. Vernon…………………………………………………….
To Register: Thru GSWW Council
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Winter 2018: week day evening TBD: Time:545-8 PM
Edmonds or Everett
If these dates/places don’t work for you, then please email me as I set up the workshops based upon requests. EMAIL: email@example.com
Workshops are taught by Girl Scout volunteer, Ellen Govan, of SU 245.
Next Backpacking 101 workshop:. Scouts must first come on 3 moderate level day hikes before starting to backpack and need to weigh 100# and be ready emotionally & mentally. This workshop is setup based upon interest, let me know by email.
Hiking Schedule: We hike January thru November, 11 months a year. Backpack trips are added from March-October. We have also completed four’ 50 Miler Backpack trips’, and plan on another in 2019.
Get Outside and Play!!