Hello YAYA Hiker Wanna Bees!!
Many of you have been awaiting the next workshop; this workshop is your entry ticket into the fabulous world of hiking with our group. Read on!
Who Can Take Hiking 101
- Any Girl Scout in 6-12th Grade *Then scouts are qualified to join the YAYA Hikers on day hikes.
- Day Hiking 101 workshops are open to individual scouts, it doesn’t need to be a whole troop activity.
- Any adult: all leaders and parents to learn more outdoor skills & tips for their troop and family outings. **This does not give them a spot on the YAYA hikes as those spaces are for the teenage Girl Scouts as a priority**.
Day Hiking 101 covers the basic ‘what’s’ of day hiking
- What to Wear
- Clothing & Footwear
- What to Bring
- The Ten Essentials and other stuff that is helpful
- What to Eat………..other than chocolate and gummy bears
**Day Hiking 101: When & Where**
Monday, August 26, 2019
North Region Girl Scout Office:
3224 Wetmore Avenue: Everett
6:30 to 8:30 PM
Cost: $5.00 PP
To register: email Angelina and Ellen at firstname.lastname@example.org
Name______________________ Scout age/grade ___ or Adult-GS Role_____
Phone___________________SU#___Troop #_____Town live in _________
To BE ON THE LIST for FUTURE WORKSHOP DATES: send EMAIL to: email@example.com WITH THIS INFO:
” YES, invite me to next workshop: Name, Scout grade, town you live in.””
Hiking Schedule: We hike January thru November, 11 months a year. Backpack trips are added from March-October.
We hike from Bellingham to Olympia, to Yakima and the Pacific Beaches. We have also completed four’ 50 Miler Backpack trips’, and plan on another in 2020.
Workshops are taught by Girl Scout volunteer, Ellen Govan (Lynnwood) and Angelina Monary (Marysville): of SU 245, Lynnwood.
Get Outside and Play!!