Hello YAYA Hiker Wanna Bees!!
Many of you have been awaiting the next workshop; this workshop is your entry ticket into the fabulous world of hiking with our group. Read on!
Who Can Take Hiking 101
- Any Girl Scout in 6-12th Grade *Then scouts are qualified to join the YAYA Hikers on day hikes.
- Day Hiking 101 workshops are open to individual scouts, it doesn’t need to be a whole troop activity.
- Any adult: all leaders and parents to learn more outdoor skills & tips for their troop and family outings. **This does not give them a spot on the YAYA hikes as those spaces are for the teenage Girl Scouts**.
Day Hiking 101 covers the basic ‘what’s’ of day hiking
- What to Wear
- Clothing & Footwear
- What to Bring
- The Ten Essentials and other stuff that is helpful
- What to Eat………..other than chocolate and gummy bears
The next workshop dates are:
Saturday. Nov. 17, 2018 at GSWW Council’s All Day Conference event ‘Northern Lights’ in Mt Vernon. Time: 9-12. Registration is now open: GSWW Northern Lights
To GET ON THE LIST for FUTURE WORKSHOP DATES: send EMAIL to: firstname.lastname@example.org WITH THIS INFO: ” YES, invite me to next workshop: Name, Scout grade, town you live in.””
Workshops are taught by Girl Scout volunteer, Ellen Govan, of SU 245, Lynnwood.
Hiking Schedule: We hike January thru November, 11 months a year. Backpack trips are added from March-October.
We hike from Bellingham to Olympia, to Yakima and the Pacific Beaches. We have also completed four’ 50 Miler Backpack trips’, and plan on another in 2019.
Get Outside and Play!!